A 13-YEAR-OLD boy has been excluded from school for refusing to wear his blazer – despite temperatures reaching a staggering 33C.

Blake Fradley was ordered by teachers - including some who were wearing short sleeve shirts - to put his black blazer on while walking between classes.

When he refused and told them he was carrying his blazer because it was "ridiculously hot" he was sent home for breaking the school's uniform policy.

He was booted out of King Edward VI Sheldon Heath Academy, in Birmingham, last Thursday when the mercury soared to 33C.

He has now been ordered to stay at home this week and warned he will be excluded again if he refuses to wear his blazer in future.

Fuming mum Lisa, 41, who has three other children, stormed: "It was crazy to force him to wear his blazer in that heat.

"They need to really re-think their school uniform policy when the temperatures are really high.

"Blake was walking from one class to another and he was holding his blazer in his hand.

"One teacher pulled him to the side and told him to put it on - but he refused saying he was too hot.

"Two more teachers came and told him to put it on but Blake said it was ridiculously hot.

"He said they were shouting in his face and he felt intimidated by them - he was then told he would be excluded.

"I was called and told he had been excluded - I was wondering why.

"Then they told me it was over his blazer and I was shocked.

"When I went to collect him - I argued his case, they tried to say he was being disobedient.

"They told me when I arrived that Blake had failed to follow school rules, defying their uniform policy and was rude.

“When I was there I saw teachers walking around in short sleeved shirts and some of them had their jackets and blazers off.

"It's disgusting really.

"What if one of the children overheats - it can be really dangerous.

"Nothing has been said to me or Blake since he was excluded last week.

"Blake needed to sit a Spanish speaking exam that week too - he had been studying for it for weeks.

"It can determine what sets he will be in for the next year - he should have been able to sit it.

"He is not a naughty child, so I don't get why they were so intimidating towards him.

"I have contacted Ofsted to inform them what has happened to my son.

"The children are allowed to take off their blazers outside and in class - but just not in the dinner hall and in the hallways which is weird.

"The cooling system in the school is temperamental - I went in the other week for a meeting and it only works when it wants to.

"I do wonder sometimes if it actually works.

"He is really upset by the whole situation.

"He really does enjoy going to school and going to his lessons.

"He is also missing his friends too.

"I think it is a bit over the top because it is now affecting his learning.

"His friend's think what's happened to him is harsh and also other mother's at the school can't believe what has happened.

"Mothers I know whose children go to different schools say they have relaxed their uniform policy and even let some of them go in PE tops.

"It's not just other schools who are relaxing their uniform policy, I mean so are businesses.

"Blake is coming with me on the Friday to the meeting because I know they're going to expect an apology from him.

"So we will see what happens after that, whether he can return to school on Monday or not."

The uniform policy of the academy, rated 'Good' by Ofsted and caters for 1,200 pupils aged 11-18, states it "is designed with health and safety in mind to ensure that students are comfortable, safe and secure."

It adds: "Students are expected to dress in complete school uniform every day of the school year and to present a neat appearance at all times.

"Students are required to wear full school uniform, when travelling to and from the Academy."

It warns that non-compliance with the rules can lead to students being excluded from lessons.

The Sun has contacted the school for comment.