A BLOKE thought he'd made his girlfriend a 'perfect' birthday card on Moonpig - but forgot one very crucial thing.

Ryan Smith assured girlfriend Laura McKay he had made her a 'good one' this year after she complained about him sending her cards late on her past two birthdays.

The lad spent time adding in lots of personal snaps of the couple's relationship together into a collage on the card company's website.

But when long-suffering Laura opened up the card she was surprised to find it addressed to 'Georgia'.

Ryan - who Laura admits lacks common sense - had forgotten to change the template name on the card from 'Georgia' to 'Laura'.

Laura thought she'd missed a joke and asked: "Are you kidding?"

Laura eventually understood what had happened - and found it so funny she called her mum in to have a look.

Speaking to Unilad, Laura said: "He does try his best with absolutely everything but sometimes his lack of common sense gets in the way.

"This is the most 'him thing' possible. He was so excited to give me the card and it was just so funny because he tried so hard. I couldn’t even be angry at him.

"I shouted my mum in and told her about it and she couldn’t stop laughing.

"It’s up on my window ledge because I love the pictures on it."

Ryan's mum had even warned her son to check the card before handing it over.

Laura said: "He hands me it in the same envelope that it got delivered to his house in – even though it comes with two as you’re meant to open it, CHECK IT and put it in a fresh envelope.

"Might I add when it got delivered to his house, his mum said to him maybe you should check it but he was adamant it was perfect.”

Laura should count herself lucky that it was her and Ryan’s faces smiling back from the card and not a photo of his genitals.

Moonpig yesterday told customers to stop uploading pictures of their private parts and sending them in to be made into customised cards.