A SPANISH blogger who inspired thousands by documenting her IVF journey has died in childbirth.

Vanessa Fernandez Arango had amassed a loyal following on Instagram after sharing her and husband Jonathan Garcia's struggle to conceive.

At 38 weeks, the 30-year-old fainted while eating breakfast and was rushed to hospital, according to Spanish news outlet El Mundo.

Doctors performed an emergency caesarean, but she died after going into cardiac arrest.

"This morning she was in pain while having breakfast and fainted," Jonathan, 32, wrote in a post earlier this month.

"They have taken us by ambulance to the hospital and there they had to do an emergency C-section."

He continued: "The baby is in a very serious condition in the ICU and my wife has suffered a cardiac arrest that she could not overcome."

He then posted a devastating message on her Twitter account.

"This is Vanessa's husband. They have carried out an emergency caesarean," he explained.

"The baby is in intensive care. Vanessa has died. You will understand that this account will now close.

"Thank you all for making her laugh."

Jonathan has since been keeping Instagram up to date on son Alvaro's progress, and has thanked followers for their kind messages.

"I can finally get something positive," he wrote.

"Alvaro is recovering little by little, he still has many tests and will continue for a while in intensive care, but it's a little step.

"I never imagined a goodbye message in her honour would have led to such an avalanche of support… I want you to know I will continue with her dream of helping other couples."

The couple had suffered a number of fertility troubles, including two ectopic pregnancies.

When Vanessa revealed her pregnancy in May, she captioned a picture of a positive pregnancy test: "The beginning of the end. The beginning of feeling life and the end of suffering.

"So here begins our story, our story with a happy ending."

She and Jonathan went on to post photos of her bump, alongside ultrasounds, baby clothes and meaningful quotes.

But they didn't shy away from some of the less glamorous aspects of pregnancy, such as a diagnosis of gestational diabetes.