A TWO-YEAR-OLD boy’s eyes changed colour after he was allegedly beaten to death by his babysitter.

Little Matthew was dropped off by his mum at alleged killer Hunter Jones's home in March before she went to work.

NINTCHDBPICT000505704752.jpg
Jones, 23, was charged with Matthew’s first-degree murder last week, and is due in court Friday morning. Credit: Fox6

NINTCHDBPICT000505704755.jpg
Little Matthew's eyes 'changed colour' after he was allegedly beaten to death. credit: Fox6

But the next time mum Katherine Bolinski, of Kenosha, Wisconsin, saw her son was when he was dead in a morgue, reported Fox6.

The heartbroken mum recalled: "His eyes went from a deep blue to really, really light blue.

"Bruises all over his face. I lost it. I just couldn’t hold it back."

Jones, 23, was charged with Matthew’s first-degree murder last week, and is due in court Friday morning.

Katherine, who was a single mum, said she is so devastated by her son’s death she still pretends "like he’s sleeping in the other room" to help her cope with the tragedy.

His eyes went from a deep blue to really, really light blue. Bruises all over his face. I lost it. I just couldn’t hold it back.
Katherine Bolinski, Matthew's Mum
She told Fox6: "Now it’s just like an ongoing nightmare of waking up and there are moments where I just wish he could be with me still."

The grieving mum has since filled a bedroom in her apartment with a toy fire engine, trains and dinosaurs that belonged to little Matthew – next to an urn containing the toddler's ashes.

Recalling her final memory of her son, Katherine said: "That day I dropped him off, he threw a fit like no other fit and I obviously regret having to do that now because of the outcome, but that’s my last memory of him alive."

According to court documents, Matthew had injuries to his neck and head after being murdered.

Those injuries were not present when his mum dropped him off at the unlicensed day care earlier that day, which was run by Jones and his wife.