WHERE’S the beef?

Well, it would appear to be at Howard Springs Bakery in the Northern Territory.

One disgruntled customer, “Branch Latroll”, claims he was served a cold pie and an expired iced coffee during his Sunday morning visit with his two young children, and decided to review his experience on the bakery’s Facebook page.

“Have been coming to this bakery for years,” the post read. “At least once a fortnight, for a Sunday morning pie and ice coffee with the fam.

“This all stops today untill [sic] I hear that the place has got its s**t together.”

The review went on to list exactly why he was disappointed by his pie and coffee.

“1. Pie wasn’t even warm,” the first point read.

“2. Tasted like it was microwaved than grilled. Had that weird raw pastry taste.

“3. My ice coffee is out of date. Today is the 3rd my ice coffee ran out on first.

“The nutella donuts scored them the second star.”

But his review was met with hostility, when the local bakery responded and called him a “w**ker”, a “gutless troll” and a “little b**ch”.

“F***ing keyboard worrier,” the post from Howard Springs Bakery read.

“Does it make you feel like a man to post this bulls**t. Get a life you w**ker.

“Say you been going for years and have 1 bad pie and crack the sads like a little b**ch. If you weren’t satisfied, take it back for a refund or exchange instead of jumping on your phone last a right pr**k.

“Staff make mistakes, its life, it happens, get over it. Let me know where you work and I’ll have the staff member come and review you. Gutless Troll. Not nice is it.”

Latroll told news.com.au that his experience at the bakery was “usually pretty average” but being close to home and selling Nutella doughnuts, he’d make the trip with his kids regardless.

“Pretty sure I’m banned now,” he told news.com.au. “If you can cut a pie in half and no filling falls out, something isn’t right.

“[We] threw it [pies] out. I wouldn’t let my kids eat it. I made them pancakes instead.”

In an interview with the NT News, bakery owner Rod Coverdale said he had no idea about the offensive post or who was responsible for it.

Mr Coverdale said a staff member had been “in tears” over the original review, which contributed to the fiery reply.

He said the language used in the bakery’s response was inappropriate but that he understood the frustration from staff over online negative reviews from customers who hadn’t first raised issues privately.

“Leaving a review like that achieves nothing and commenting on it achieves nothing,” he said.

“If you’ve got a problem, come and tell us in person so we can solve it. We would have just apologised and replaced it.”

The response from the bakery was met with criticism, with some users claiming the “tongue lashing” was “disgusting” and will only lose the business customers.

“What a terrible response to customer feedback,” one person wrote. “You could have worded your response way better with less bad language. Does not help your business.”

“I feel like u just lost urself [sic] a whole lot of customers with ur response,” another added.

“Disgusting response to people who spend money in your shop!

“Quite horrifying.”

But others applauded the take-down, saying Latroll should’ve contacted the bakery directly rather than writing a public review.

“I’m coming to eat here just because of the response … F***ing love it,” one person responded.

“I love this response,” another added.

“Never been to your bakery, but the tongue lashing you gave that keyboard warrior was epic.

“Next time I head to the Ord River fishing I will make the 500km detour to your bakery for a pie … Keep up your good work brother.”

News.com.au has contacted Howard Springs Bakery for comment.