A BABY-FACED thug jailed after slamming a cop against his car bonnet during a police chase is a feral one-man crimewave who trashed a dead baby's memorial, say fed-up neighbours.

Kash Parkinson, 18, was caged after footage showed him throwing hero PC Christopher Haxby against the bonnet of his patrol car while trying to race away in a stolen Ford Fiesta.

The pint-size yob, from Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, has a string of arrests for vehicle thefts, drug offences, assault and vandalism.

Residents on the estate he has terrorised for years said they were delighted to have seen him banged up for four years.

One woman, who asked not to be named for fear of reprisals, said she was almost killed by the thug when he crashed into her car on a stolen bike last year.

She said: "Kash was always causing trouble of one sort or another. One time he was riding a stolen motorbike and nearly hit my car.

"He came out of nowhere and I got the shock of my life – he must have been going 50 or 60 mph down the street.”

The woman added Parkinson had also trashed a friend's memorial to her dead child in her garden.

She said: "The memorial was meant for a little baby who’d died.

"But he got into the garden and trampled all over it. What kind of sick person does that?"

Linda McCann, 49, described Kash as a 'lunatic'.

She said: “He’s been causing trouble for years so it’s not surprising he’s got he’s got his comeuppence.

“It’s about time they took him off the streets. He drove stolen cars like a lunatic but he expects everyone to feel sorry for him.

“He’s just a bad lad and he got what he deserves. But he’s lucky he didn't get locked up for much longer.”

Another neighbour described the teen as a "menace" who regularly stole cars and threatened to torch her house.

She said: "He’d swear at people all the time but he didn’t like it if they answered back.

"I said something to him once and he threatened to come and torch my house.

"He would scream up and down in stolen cars all the time.

"Sometimes he’d drive past and boast about it, saying, ‘This is my birthday present” or ‘Do you want to get in?"

One man, who also asked to remain anonymous, said: "He was just a f****** d******.

"He’d nick cars all the time, it was like he got a buzz out of or something.

“The cars would be screeching up and down the road and he was constant nuisance to everyone who lived here."

Kash is understood to have lived with his aunt, Tracy Parkinson, for a time in a nearby house as well as at a supported unit for young people in Ashton.

When approached by Sun Online, Tracy said: “I’m not saying anything.

“It’s been bad enough what’s written about Kash on Facebook.”

Footage showed Parkinson racing away in the stolen Ford Fiesta on June 28 and driving on the wrong side side of a dual carriageway at 3.40am before ramming into an oncoming HGV.

PC Haxby jumped out and tried to grab Parkinson but the teenager reversed the Fiesta. The officer was propelled backwards into the bonnet of the police car.

Despite his head hitting the windscreen PC Haxby bravely got back to his feet and managed to open the Fiesta door and drew his Taser to detain Parkinson.

The officer suffered with whiplash and back pain and has been forced to take time off work.

The cost of damage to the police car, Ford Fiesta and the HGV was estimated at a total of £14,100.

In an earlier incident Parkinson and a group of friends stole a disabled man's Renault Scenic along with his disability scooter which was in the boot.

Police chased him again and blocked in the stolen car in a suburban street where children were playing but Parkinson drove up on to the pavement, narrowly missing a child, before driving off at speed and losing the officers.

The Renault was found days later completely written off, and the disability scooter was also damaged to the stage it was deemed redundant.

JPs placed him on youth rehabilitation schemes and also banned him from his regular haunts and associating with other yobs.

But Parkinson simply ignored a two-year Criminal Behaviour Order - even booking taxis to meet his cronies.

When he was placed in a care home away from his family he threatened to shoot and stab his care workers.

In court Parkinson yawned and stretched his arms over-dramatically as he listened to the proceedings. He admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm, aggravated vehicle taking, dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and twice breaching a criminal behaviour.

Sentencing him to four years in prison at Manchester Crown Court, Judge Mark Savill told him: “You have shown a lack of respect for the police and a lack of remorse and you have expressed no desire to change."