AVICII’S ex-girlfriend has revealed a private text conversation she had with the Swedish DJ, as mystery remains about what caused his shock death.

In a heartbreaking post on Instagram, Emily Goldberg, shared a screenshot of the exchange where she says “I love you Tim” and he replies “I love you Emily. I miss you baby, when’s your flight?”

Two post-mortem examinations were conducted on the body of the 28-year-old, real name Tim Bergling, and authorities said “we absolutely confirmed that there is no criminal suspicion of death”, Sky News reported.

While Goldberg, a former George Washington University student, dated Avicii up until 2013, they continued to stay close, regularly having conversations about his music and their pet dog, Bear.

The man who was behind hit dance tracks like Wake Me Up, Levels and Hey Brother, died at a Muscat Hills resort in Muscat, in the Arabian nation of Oman. A cause of death is yet to be revealed.

Less than 24 hours before he died, Avicii was pictured hanging out on a yacht with a couple of friends. In the photo, published by TMZ, the world famous DJ is holding a drink and making a peace symbol with his fingers. He appears in good spirits with a smile on his face.

His brother David has rushed to the coast city to confirm Bergling’s last movements before he died.

Sharing her shock at Avicii’s death, Miss Goldberg, 28, also posted a throwback picture of the pair kissing.

“For the two years we were together, he was my closest confidante, my best friend,” she wrote.

“Now I can’t look at Bear without knowing I’ll never see his face again.”

Miss Goldberg joins the millions of fans and celebrities who have shard their shock at the sad news of Avicii’s death, which comes just days after he was nominated for a Billboard Music Award for top dance/electronic album for his EP Avicii (01).

“Wake me up when it’s all over, because I don’t want it to be real #ripavicii #avicii @avicii,” Miss Goldberg added in her post, quoting one of his hits.

After news broke of his death, Fans gathered in central Stockholm, the DJ’s birthplace, to hold a memorial dance party in honour of him.

Avicii battled with health problems for years. Fans were made aware of this when he was rushed to hospital in 2013 with acute pancreatitis after arriving in Australia for a headlining tour of the Future Music Festival. “It was the most painful thing,’’ he said at the time.

The electronic dance music (EDM) star retired from the festival circuit in 2016, but continued to produce music.

Several sources confirmed he continued to struggle with alcoholism while dealing with his poor health.