COMEDIAN Michael Rapaport sparked fury from Ariana Grande fans after he mocked the singer's looks and accused her of acting like a child.

The US actor, 48, was slammed as misogynistic after he shared a throwback picture of the singer where he wrote that "there's hotter women working the counter at Starbucks".

Under an old picture of a fresh-faced Grande, Rapaport said: "Ariana Grande is 27 acts 12, you take off those boots she hides her legs in, the cat eye make up and the genie pony tale and I think there's hotter women working the counter at Starbucks no disrespect to Starbucks."

The caption, which was posted on his Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts, instantly drew outrage from the singer's fans who accused the star of being sexist.

@graceTumbler said: "Another old man telling a young woman her worth only resides in her looks and tells her it’s not enough."

"Dude, your career went down the drain long ago, YOU ARENT RELEVANT ANYMORE. Also, this tweet is actually acting 12."

Ariana Grande is 27 acts 12, you take off those boots she hides her legs in, the cat eye make up and the genie pony tale and I think there’s hotter women working the counter at Starbucks no disrespect to Starbucks.

The actor was even slammed for his remarks by his own fans, with @Spontaneous126 tweeting, "I normally love you but this was uncalled for.."

Other social media users also accused Rapaport, best known for his roles in Atypical and Friends, of bullying and pointed out that Ariana is 25, not 27.

Instagram user @F1aspinall wrote: "It's okay not to like her or find her attractive, but I don't understand tearing down her appearance? That's a really low blow and bullying is not okay."

@josefine.wgg added: "Why should women always be reduced down to their looks? It's sexist."

The comedian was unapologetic about the social media storm he'd caused, pointing out that he's hailed when he makes similar jokes about President Donald Trump.

On his podcast "I Am Rapaport", he said: "When I talk s*** on the front line... disrespecting the leader of the free world (people defend me and write), 'Protect Michael Rapaport at all costs.'

"Then I make a joke about Ariana Grande and I'm offensive.

"Just because it's a woman doesn't mean I'm shaming her. Doesn't mean I'm degrading to women... We know she's talented. Obviously it's a joke, I'm talking s***."

The actor was most recently in the headlines to apologise for publicly mocking Grande's ex-fiance Pete Davidson after he posted a troubling social media post.

He later said: "Didn’t realize Pete Davidson posted an actual genuinely scary IG note. Had no clue. Was not informed of all of those details. Would never mock someone when they’re truly down.

"Sincerely. I thought this was all the daily normal gossip of the day & was doing my daily take."