FOOTAGE has emerged of the bizarre moment a furious farmer flipped when a young man said "g'day" to his beloved daughter.

The shocking clip shows the over-protective dad behind the wheel of his truck chasing his daughter's admirer down the road.

The video was uploaded to Facebook earlier today after being submitted by Kona Kampbell, a sheep farm worker in New Zealand.

On it, the outraged father is seen driving up behind the 21-year-old before veering off the road onto the side bank and launching into an x-rated tirade.

The young long-haired man laughs nervously and is then seen telling the camera "oh s***, he's got a bone to pick with me."

As the dad screeches to halt beside Kampbell he shouts through his open window "stay away from my f***ing daughter."

Speaking with Daily Mail Australia, Mr Kampbell said he often road past the house and said hello to the 23-year-old "stunner" which clearly riles her dad.

"Well I'm friends with his daughter and I ride down the beach road occasionally and say g'day or just even ride past the house,' he said.

"He thinks I'm tryna (sic) get with his daughter and he took it next level this time. It's all fun though."

However, Mr Kampbell admits the incident was "pretty scary" and he decided to turn his camera on in case the dad lashed out,