ALLISON Baden-Clay’s two eldest daughters have made their first public appearance to see a young ballerina awarded a scholarship in their mother’s name.

Hannah, 16, and Sarah, 14, accompanied their grandparents, Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, and aunt Vanessa Fowler, as the award was presented to Brisbane dance student Taji Hennessy.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said she hoped the $5000 scholarship would help Taji achieve her dream of becoming a professional ballerina.

“Last year my government established the Allison Baden-Clay senior program scholarship which honours the memory of Allison and supports young dancers from Queensland Ballet Dance Academy to pursue their dance dreams,” she said.

“I announced the scholarship in July, on Strive to be Kind day, the annual day held by the Allison Baden-Clay Foundation, to commemorate Allison and to raise awareness of domestic and family violence and the need for respectful relationships.”

Allison was killed by her husband Gerard in 2012.

Allison’s sister, Vanessa Fowler, gave a heartfelt speech as Allison’s daughters looked on.

“Today is an exciting day as we see my sister and her legacy live on,” she said.

“She’s assisting a young dancer to pursue her dream and strive to be the best that she can be.

“It’s on occasions like this that my family reflect on Allison’s achievements and celebrate her successes.

“She was an amazing woman and one that was, and still is, an inspiration to many.

“Allison was born to dance and excelled at it by the age of four. She had that spark, that bright smile, the soft arms and pointed feet and she filled the stage.

“Allison was the ever-feminine ballet dancer with spirited stage presence.”

Allison’s eldest daughter, Hannah, is also a talented ballerina.

Taji, the scholarship recipient, said she was very grateful to be the first person awarded the scholarship.

“It’s amazing, I’m so grateful,” she said.

“It’s my passion.”

Allison was murdered by her husband in 2012.

After killing her, Gerard Baden-Clay left her body on the banks of the Kholo Creek, in Brisbane’s west, telling police she had gone for a walk and failed to return.

It is understood the girls have had no contact with their father in some years.

The $5000 Allison Baden-Clay scholarship will be awarded to a young dancer each year until 2020.

Taji, the scholarship recipient, said she was very grateful to be the first person awarded the scholarship.

“It’s amazing, I’m so grateful,” she said.

“It’s my passion.”