A WOMAN who set up a GoFundMe campaign in efforts to raise £100,000 to privately take down her alleged rapist said that police left her with very few options.

Emily Hunt, 39, said that officers “simply did not like me” and was surprised to see police files which described herself as “obstructive” and “difficult”.

The strategy consultant says they failed to investigate properly whether she was drugged and attacked and wrote her off as an attention seeker, the Daily Mail reported.

She accuses them of not gathering enough evidence important to this case.

She has raised over £27,000 to pay for what would have been the first crowd-funded British private prosecution for rape, she claims she “still has legal bills to pay from getting this far”.

The Crown Prosecution Service had said there was “insufficient evidence” for a realistic prospect of a guilty verdict, which upset Hunt, and consequently led her to believe she wasn’t liked.

In the video, she states that “Crown Prosecution Service only takes forward 12 per cent of rape cases to court”.

Instead, she hopes police will launch a new inquiry after the man admitted to secretly filming her whilst she was naked and unconscious.

Her original GoFundMe story says: “I suspected that I been drugged, and as I found out later, I had been raped.

“I did everything right after that: the police had me, my rapist and the hotel room immediately. But me and my case fell through every crack there was.”

Officers were unhappy that Hunt declined to proceed with initial forensic tests.

Hunt said: “The rape case is such a disaster because of poor police work and this would have made it a struggle to bring it to court.

“They hated me and wrote down horrible things about me in their notebooks.”

Hunt, who is a mother to an eight-year-old daughter, is originally from New York.

She said: “I have always suspected that the reason the police did not do their job was they simply did not like me.

“The officers wrote in their notebooks that I was the kind of person who was trying to get attention. The police wrote that I was difficult. This was because I was utterly terrified.”

A spokesman said prosecutors had previously found there was not enough evidence to bring the case to court.

She said: “The complainant made a number of complaints to the Met about its investigation and these were passed to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

“The complaint was independently reviewed by the IPCC and not upheld.”