ALAN Sugar has been accused of homophobia after tweeting about “puffs” in the Apprentice boardroom.

Lord Sugar made the comments after a fan had mocked up his face on a Sugar Puffs cereal box.

He replied: “ hah… I have enough puffs who come through my boardroom.”

The apprentice star has been slammed for his alleged joke with one tweeter accusing him of being “part of the problem.”

He wrote: “What p**ses me off is the people making light of the fact that others might be offended by this term.

“Unless you've been called a ‘puff’ in the past you will not understand, so to sit back and laugh at the ‘offended brigade’ etc just makes you part of the problem.”

Another tweeter said the Apprentice boss’ comments were “below the belt” and “homophobic” – while one man wrote that he was “out of order”.

One tweeter quipped: “You’re gonna want to delete this me Lord”

However, Lord Sugar hit back at the comments claiming the media was trying to “stir up trouble”.

He fumed: “A lady posted a funny picture of me on a Sugar Puffs cereal packet.

“I replied ‘Hah.. I have enough puffs coming through my board room. Meaning PEOPLE FULL OF HOT AIR .’ So go to hell you horrible sh..s”

The Apprentice star added: “I just woke up in a good mood on a very sunny day in Florida. remembering to wish all my followers a very merry Christmas.
“First thing I see is a load of bollo..... from SCUM @Mailonline who have nothing better to do than scour social media to see what trouble they can cause.”

Lord Sugar told The Sun Online to "pi*s off" when asked about the allegedly homophobic tweets. The BBC refused to comment on the row.

The outspoken business mogul is no stranger to controversy and was forced to apologise for an allegedly racist tweet during the World Cup.

Lord Sugar sparked outrage when he tweeted a photo of the Senegal football team and compared them to Marbella beach touts.

He wrote: "I recognise some of these guys from the beach in Marbella. Multi tasking resourceful chaps".

He even mocked up the photo with sunglasses and handbags.

But later quickly deleted the post after being slammed on social media.

After protestations, he eventually said sorry.

He wrote: "Just been reading the reaction to my funny tweet about the guy on the beach in Marbella.
"Seems it has been interpreted in the wrong way as offensive by a few people.

"Frankly I cant see that I think it's funny. But I will pull it down if you insist."

However, an hour and twenty minutes after posting the initial image the peer did finally apologise.
He said: "I misjudged me earlier tweet. It was in no way intended to cause offence, and clearly my attempt at humour has backfired.

"I have deleted the tweet and am very sorry."

In July this year Lord Sugar also found himself embroiled in a sexism storm on Twitter after sharing a photo of a blonde woman showing off her cleavage.

The caption said: "Went into a shop in Croatia to buy a jumper. After 20 mins my wife said what the hell is he doing in there, he has been ages."

Lord Sugar tagged former colleague Nick Hewer in the cheap gag but appeared to link to the wrong account.

@Chris_stevo79 said: "Misogyny and Racism. Nice one old timer. Looking forward to the next installment. Homophobia is still up for grabs."