BRAVE Strictly Come Dancing star AJ Pritchard was soaked in his brother Curtis’s blood as he dragged him to safety after brutal nightclub attack.

The brothers were on a night out in Nantwich when they were set upon by eight thugs, who beat dancer Curtis unconscious.

AJ told The Sun: “He’d been badly punched and kicked in the face and body and I knew I had to get him away so dragged his body under my arm away from danger.

“His shins were severely hit, his nose, lips and face were bloody. He looked a mess. His eye was closed up and his whole face looked swollen. My T-shirt was covered in his blood. I was terrified.”

AJ, 24, said his brother, who is a dancer on the Irish version of Strictly, took the brunt of the beating to protect him.

Curtis added: “It could have been fatal.”

AJ was badly bruised but Curtis suffered a suspected broken nose, blurred vision, a split lip and a knee injury which will need surgery so he can dance again.

In an exclusive joint interview with The Sun, AJ said: “Curtis risked his own dancing career to save mine as he threw himself in front of the attackers so they couldn’t get to me. He was thinking of both my dancing career with my legs and my TV career with my face.

“He tried to protect me and in doing so saved my life and my legs from danger.

“I soon realised there were no winners in this scenario. I just wanted us both to come out alive. I care more about Curtis than I do about selfies and looking good.”

Strictly professional AJ Pritchard says his brother acted as a human shield to save him as the thugs attacked them.