It's the web security disaster that just keeps on giving.

Adobe this week issued a patch for its Flash Player browser plug-in containing 36 - yes, 36 - security updates.
One of these was for a critical zero-day vulnerability, which allowed hackers to crash a victim's computer or take full control of it.
Revealed by security firm Kaspersky Labs this week, the flaw affected the latest version of Flash across Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome devices.

Kaspersky believed hackers were already exploiting the vulnerability in various countries.
Users are advised to install the Adobe security update right away.

However, CQR Consulting's chief technology officer Phil Kernick agrees with many other experts that the safest thing to do is to disable or uninstall the problematic software completely.

"I think that, for Flash, it's time to die," Mr Kernick said.
"I went 'Flash free' in 2016 ... There are a few Facebook videos that I can't see, and I can live with that."

Flash Player is a web browser plug-in that enables video, games, interactives and ads on web pages.
It has been riddled with security issues for years, with many web developers preferring newer standards such as HTML5. Google recently moved YouTube over to HTML5, so there is no need for Flash to watch YouTube videos.

Web browsers Safari, Chrome and Firefox are also reportedly disabling Flash by default.
The late Steve Jobs was at loggerheads with Adobe over the Flash standard, which he said was insecure, inefficient and not good enough for the iPhone.

Facebook's chief information officer, Alex Stamos, has also called for Adobe to scrap Flash once and for all.
Last year, Adobe patched 13 security issues in one day for the platform.Some commentators recommend setting browsers so they alert the user and ask for permission every time Flash wants to run on a page.However Wade Alcorn, managing director of security firm Alcorn Group, warned "every time you click 'approve' you are rolling the dice".