LOTTO winner Gillian Bayford has married a fraudster jailed for stealing more than £13,500 from Tesco.

Gillian, 45 — who won £148million with ex-husband Adrian in 2012 — wed Brian Deans, 37, at the weekend.

He got six months for his supermarket con in 2012.

Gillian knew about her new husband’s fraudster past before they tied the knot, The Sun can reveal.

Now she is refusing to say whether she forced the former jailbird to sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

Brian Deans, caged for six months for conning more than £13,500 out of Tesco, married Gillian last weekend after romance blossomed at the start of the year.

And she told on Monday night how Brian revealed his past crime as soon as the pair began dating.

Gillian, 45, said: “I’ve known from the very beginning and it doesn’t bother me. Everyone has a past but you can’t live in the past. You’ve got to move on.

“It was six years ago and he’s been punished for being silly. He can’t be made to suffer for ever.”

Brian, 37, from Dundee, was locked up six years ago for stealing thousands from Tesco by putting through fake customer refunds. He’s since gone straight and now renovates properties.

Gillian did not reveal whether she got him to sign a pre-nuptial deal which would protect her cash and mean he would walk away with nothing if they split.

She insisted: “That’s nobody’s business. But my head is glued on — I don’t have a massive zip up my back.”

Gillian and Adrian, 47, won the second biggest prize in EuroMillions history in 2012, while living in Haverhill, Suffolk. But they split the following year.

She went on to plough her cash into property and businesses including a hairdressing salon.

She and Brian had been friends for a couple of years before they bumped into each other while on separate nights out in Broughty Ferry, Dundee.

They got chatting and noticed there was an instant chemistry.

Gillian said: “We’d known each other for ages, but this time you could say there was a click.”

They began seeing each other yet Gillian had to be convinced Brian was a perfect fit for her family.

She said: “My children are the most important people in my life. They had to be OK with everything because I wasn’t just getting married, I was bringing someone new into the family.

“Brian is absolutely wonderful with them and they like him.”

After just four months’ planning they wed in front of 70 relatives and close friends at a five-star hotel near St Andrews, Fife.

Adrian did not attend, but gave his blessing and sent a good luck message.

The couple’s cake-topper was a mini-bride and groom with shopping bags at their feet. Gillian added: “It was just lovely. People say it’s a whirlwind, but we’ve been friends a long time.

way
“We’re not rushed into anything and not hidden anything from anyone. We’re just private people.

“Sometimes you just know when things are right and this felt right. We are all very happy.”

Gillian is originally from Carnoustie, Scotland, so moved back north after her split from Adrian and became a businesswoman.