Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova brushed aside Sam Stosur to book a final date in New Haven against Slovakia's Magdalena Rybarikova.

Kvitova has now won 12 of her last 13 matches at the tournament having claimed the title in 2012 and reached the final 12 months ago only to lose to Simona Halep.

The Czech only needed one break to take the opening set, getting the better of Stosur in the fourth game and then remaining solid on her own delivery – although she did spurn four set-points on the Stosur serve at 2-5.

The second set proved one-way traffic as Kvitova raced through it in just 30 minutes to set herself up for a second title of the season.

"I saw her match against Serena in Cincinnati - it was very tough and very close - so I knew she was playing well," Kvitova said afterwards.

"I don't really look at the numbers but I knew I had to play well today. I just tried to play as beautiful a match as I could, and I'm happy I could play well against her tonight."

Rybarikova - who knocked out top-seeded Halep earlier in the week – was an equally convincing winner as she dispatched Italy’s Camila Giorgi 6-2 6-4.

The 25-year-old denied Giorgi on all 11 of her break-point chances to win in 83 minutes at the Yale University hardcourts.

Kvitova leads the duo’s head-to-head record 4-1, although the most recent of those meetings came over three years ago in the final of an event in Prague, with Rybarikova emerging triumphant.