XXIII Olympic Winter Games
Venue: Pyeongchang, South Korea Dates: 9-25 February
Coverage: Watch live on BBC TV, Red Button, Connected TVs, BBC Sport website and mobile app. Full coverage times
Japan's Yuzuru Hanyu became the first man since 1952 to defend a Winter Olympics single figure skating gold medal with victory in Pyeongchang.
Hanyu, 23, won with a total score of 317.85, 10.95 points clear of compatriot Shoma Uno while Spaniard Javier Fernandez took bronze.
Meanwhile, there was drama on the slopes as American Lindsey Vonn missed out on a medal on her Olympic return.
Czech Republic's Ester Ledecka instead claimed gold in the women's super G.

Hanyu win sparks Winnie the Pooh celebration

Hanyu took a four-point lead into the final day and scored 206.17 in the free skating to extend his winning margin.
American Dick Button was the last man to win back-to-back titles.
Hanyu's Sochi 2014 success elevated him to superstar status in Japan and, having overcome a three-month injury lay-off to make the Games, fans threw stuffed Winnie the Pooh toys on to the ice following his victory in Pyeongchang.
"I'm relieved to be able to skate here as a lot of people supported me," said the Japanese skater, who has adopted the famous children's character as his mascot.
"My right foot really hung tough. I worried a lot of people as I could not practice because of my injury. So, there was stronger support than before.
"I was so fortunate. I'm feeling gratitude. I was able to make a jump that I wanted to do with concentration. Anyway it was good."

'Quad King' Chen sets Olympic record

American prodigy Nathan Chen saw his hopes of a medal disappear after a terrible short program on Friday, but set an Olympic record in Saturday's free skate.
The 18-year-old became the first figure skater to land six quads to record 215.08 points, one of the highest scores ever seen in the sport.
He eventually finished fifth, having broken his own record of five quads set last year.
"I have been working on it for a while. It's never really fully come together," said the teenager, nicknamed "Quad King".
"I was like, 'I already fell so many times (this week), I might as well go out and throw everything down and see what happens'.
"Just completely focus on enjoying myself out on the ice and getting rid of expectations helped a lot."

Vonn shocked as Ledecka takes gold

Vonn is the second most decorated woman on the Alpine World Cup circuit with 81 victories, but the 33-year-old skied into soft snow after going out first and only set a time good enough for sixth place.
Czech Ledecka took the title by 0.01 seconds ahead of defending champion Anna Veith of Austria.
It was a result that surprised Vonn, competing at her first Olympics since 2010 due to injury.

"It's definitely shocking, in the Olympics a lot of weird things happen," said Vonn, the downhill champion in Vancouver eight years ago.
"Different people can jump in there that maybe wouldn't be in there before."
The American will have another chance to become the oldest female medallist in Olympic Alpine skiing in her favoured downhill on the same mountain next week.

Other medals on Saturday

• Switzerland's Hoefflin wins slopestyle gold
  • 09:30-10:45 (GMT): Cross country skiing - women's 4x5km relay
  • 10:00-12:11: Short-track speed skating - Women's 1500m final
  • 10:00-12:55: Short-track speed skating - men's 1,000m final
  • 11:15-12:10: Biathlon - women's 12.5km mass start
  • 11:20-13:40: Skeleton - women's final heats
  • 12:30-14:15: Ski jumping - men's large hill individual final

Other Games news on day eight

• The Jamaican women's bobsleigh team will be able to compete in their preferred sled after a beer producer purchased the craft and donated it to the nation's federation.