Team USA has already won three gold medals in snowboarding events and Shaun White is in perfect position to add to U.S.'s medal collection in the men's halfpipe event.

White advanced to the 12-man finals (8 p.m., Tuesday on NBC) with his second qualifying run score of 98.50.

SHAUN WHITE IS ON A MISSION. #BestOfUS #WinterOlympics https://t.co/E1XuTKthTN pic.twitter.com/Lp6pO9048O
— NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) February 13, 2018
Australia's Scotty James finished the two-run qualifying in second with a score of 96.75, followed by Japan’s Ayumu Hirano (95.25).
@shaunWhite posted a 98.50 ... in QUALIFYING?! #WinterOlympics #BestOfUS pic.twitter.com/sz5PFIBWIH
— NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) February 13, 2018
White, who is competing in his fourth Olympics, won his first Olympic gold in 2006 at Turin and then again at Vancouver in 2010. He finished fourth in Sochi at the last Winter Games, but is a favorite heading into Pyeongchang.

White is resilient as heading into the Olympics as he's only a few months removed from a crash that left him with 62 stitches in his face.
“The biggest improvement was getting right with myself, getting right with my mind-set and being inspired again, being excited being a snowboarder and just go to the mountain and take runs for fun, get back to those beginning reasons of why I did the sport in the first place,” White said of the crash (via USA Today)