The Germany international has been ruled out for three months with a serious knee injury but his team-mate is unconcerned by his absence as the Gunners prepare to face Hull

Jack Wilshere does not believe the loss of Mesut Ozil will hit Arsenal too hard as they prepare to face Hull City in the Premier League.

The Germany international has been ruled out for up to three months with a collateral ligament tear in his left knee, having been a key fixture in the Gunners' starting XI so far in 2014-15.

But Wilshere does not believe the injury will change much for the club, with the likes of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Theo Walcott, who has returned from a long injury lay-off himself, ready to step in and replace Ozil.

"Ozil was playing on the left a bit so it probably won't change much in the centre," he said.

"Chambo will get a chance. Theo is coming back as well. Now it might give Theo or Chambo a chance.

"We are devastated for Mesut because he can play in that number 10, we have seen what he can do at number 10. We have players who can come in.

"It's tough to take but it is part and parcel of football. I have had my fair few injuries. It is not a curse, it happens and you just have to deal with it.

"It will be hard for him [Ozil] because he likes football, he has never really had an injury before. He had a slight one last season.

"I am not even sure how long it is, I've not been back to the club. It will be difficult for him. But he is naturally quite a fit lad so he will be alright."