Wayne Bennett said he always knew how the coach swap saga between Brisbane and South Sydney would play out.

Bennett arrived in Sydney on Monday afternoon ahead of his first training session and press conference as Rabbitohs coach on Tuesday.

The seven-time premiership-winning coach was sacked by the Broncos via voicemail on Sunday after an enduring, drawn out swap involving himself and Anthony Seibold.

Before flying out of Brisbane, Bennett was asked by Channel 9 whether he was unhappy with how the situation played out.

“No, I’m not sad,” he said.

“I knew what the ending would be.”

Whether he’d be unfairly portrayed throughout the whole situation, Bennett said he’d leave that “for another day”.

“Right now, I’m on my way to Sydney, I’m going to a new club and I’m pretty excited about all that,” he added.

While the Rabbitohs did laps of Redfern Oval on Monday without a head coach, Seibold was officially unveiled as the Broncos’ new mentor for the next five seasons.

Seibold said he had drawn a “line in the sand” over the coach swap saga and is determined to make 2019 a success for the Broncos.

The former South Sydney coach refused to take a swipe at Bennett over his handling of the drama but said he was relieved the “circus” was finally over.

Seibold admitted it would be a challenge stepping into the shoes left behind by 25-year Broncos coach Bennett but said he would “do it my way”.

The reigning NRL coach of the year finally arrived at Red Hill after a month-long saga ended when the Broncos sensationally sacked Bennett.

“I want to draw a line in the sand. It’s time for us to move forward,” Seibold said.

“The last couple of months have been a bit of a rollercoaster for myself, the Broncos and South Sydney but it has all been done now.

“There has been a lot of negativity around what has gone on the last couple of months.

“It’s time to put steps in place to have a positive 2019.”

Bennett’s sacking came after the coach sensationally surprised Brisbane by holding a snap press conference on Friday, saying he would remain in charge in 2019, despite both clubs thrashing out a deal to swap coaches.

It was reportedly that Seibold has told Souths players he was leaving on Friday morning just moments before Bennett produced his curve ball.

Seibold revealed the emotional toll the saga had taken on his family on Sunday, telling News Corp Australia that he “felt like a punching bag”.

But on Monday he refused to take aim at Bennett.

“It’s been quite challenging,” Seibold said.

“There’s been a number of things off the field that haven’t been particularly great to deal with but we are at the stage now where I am at Brisbane and it is time to move on.

“I thought potentially on Friday I would be here today but I was told it wasn’t going to be the case.

“Being here this morning is quite unexpected. I was at the movies watching The Grinch yesterday afternoon with the kids and had some phone calls come through.

“But I am happy to be here.” Boyd said it would be “different” playing under a new coach for the first time in his 13 season NRL career but was relieved the club finally had closure.

“We tried not to let it worry us but for a young group we really needed that certainty; now we can move forward,” he said.

Seibold confirmed assistant coach Peter Gentle and head of high performance Paul Devlin would join him at Red Hill.

Bennett is believed to have told his Broncos assistant Jason Demetriou to “take the week off” as he finalises his staff at the Rabbitohs.