THE Waratahs will embark on new frontiers in 2019 after announcing they will host three Super Rugby games at the new Western Sydney Stadium in Parramatta.

NSW will play matches against the Sharks (April 27), Jaguares (May 25) and Brumbies (June 8) at the 30,000 capacity venue while Allianz Stadium is being rebuilt.

“Western Sydney is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW with a diverse population that has a strong passion for rugby,” Waratahs boss Andrew Hore said.

“We want to capitalise on this and by taking the NSW Waratahs to that region it will hopefully further encourage more youngsters to take up the sport.

“This also aligns with our broader Western Sydney strategy that has looked specifically at the needs of the area to grow the game and encourage participation and fan engagement.

“The fact that we will be one of the first sports to play at the newly developed, state of the art Western Sydney Stadium is a real opportunity for our fans and rugby participants in Western Sydney.

“We want to continue to grow and develop the sport in that area and the fact that the NSW Waratahs will play three matches there next year will certainly help us towards that goal.”

Waratahs prop Shambeckler Vui, who was born in Bankstown, was delighted with the news.

“The Western Sydney area is special to me and to have the opportunity to play at a brand new stadium not far from where I was born is awesome,” Vui said.

“If our presence here can help more kids see what a great game rugby is and the chances you get through the sport, then I’ll be a happy man.”