Talk about an inflated sense of team pride.

A Vikings fan in Wisconsin was stabbed seven times Sunday after confronting a man with a box cutter trying to slice up the Minnesota fan's air-filled lawn decoration, Madison TV station News 3 reported.

"He probably thought it was funny, and maybe his buddies thought it would be cool to come slice it up," said Dave Moschel, 36, of Stoughton, 80 miles west of Milwaukee and some 150 miles south of Green Bay.

Moschel, who needed multiple stitches to close cuts on his forehead and face, recounted for News 3 sitting down to watch an NFL game Sunday when he heard a noise outside his home.

"You hear him slicing this guy up," Moschel said, alluding to the Vikings inflatable, "come outside, and 'Hey, what are you doing?' Confront the guy. He takes his razor knife or whatever he had in his hand and we just go on the ground and start rifling around."

While Moschel told News 3 that he's lucky to be alive, so too, apparently, is the alleged perpetrator.

"Luckily, I didn't have my concealed carry on me at the time," Moschel said. "Ninety-nine percent of the time I leave the house, I never leave without it. And this is the one time I did. I'm kind of glad I did, because he would have been dead, and I would have had to live with that."

Instead, he'll live with his Vikings inflatable.

"It is going to get a little piece of Vikings duct tape put on there and it's going to be blown up every day of the week from now on," Moschel said. "I'm still here, still living, still watching football."

Jacob Justice, 21, of Madison, Wisc., was arrested on suspicion of reckless endangerment and criminal damage to property.