JARROD McLean will face an inquiry into circumstances surrounding Trap For Fools being stabled at Warrnambool instead of Yangery after its sensational scratching from the Coongy Cup.

Racing Victoria stewards ordered Trap For Fools’ withdrawal at 2.15pm after taking evidence from McLean, less than two hours before the race.

Trap For Fools was ordered out under ARA 27A before stewards adjourned the probe.

McLean told the Herald Sun he has access to five boxes at Weir’s Warrnambool yard, where he is stable foreman for Weir.

But Trap Fools was incorrectly listed as being based at nearby Yangery when nominated for the Coongy.

“I’m disappointed,” McLean said. “I can’t have the horse reinstated now. It is disappointing.”

When asked by stewards if he had any comment, McLean said: “I would like to run the horse.”

Told Trap For Fools was to be scratched, McLean protested: “But I’ve been training the horse.”

RV integrity staff have been active recently in regional areas as part of a sustained clampdown.

Weir on the scratching of Trap For Fools

“It’s absolutely disappointing ... it is just a horse in the wrong stable, that’s all it is. Nothing to worry about, but disappointing for Jarrod and the owners,” Weir said.