Russell Martin admits he would be surprised if no-one came in for Robert Snodgrass following Norwich's relegation to the Championship.

Snodgrass joined Norwich from Leeds United in the summer of 2012 and has just one season to run on his contract at Carrow Road.

The midfielder is being linked with both Celtic and Hull City, and Martin knows some players could leave following Norwich's relegation from the Premier League, such as keeper John Ruddy, who signed a new contract in October.

In comments reported by the EDP24, Martin is quoted as saying: "I'm sure there will be Premier League clubs who want some of our players. Some of them have shown they can do a job at that level for the past two or three years.

"If that happens, which it will and it will also happen at the other relegated clubs, then it is up to the board to do what is best.

"In terms of Snoddy, I would be surprised if no-one came in for him. John signed a massive new deal earlier this season and I know both are happy here but it depends on what other Premier League clubs and managers want to do and how much they want them and what this club decides it wants to do.

"There will be lads who perhaps feel they don't want to play in the Championship or who deserve to stay in the Premier League but that is up to someone else to decide."

Relegation hangover

Martin wants to stay and help Neil Adams' side return to the top flight at the first time of asking but knows everyone at Carrow Road must get over the disappointment they feel when they report back for pre-season.

He added: "To be part of a relegated team is something you can never get rid of. I was part of a promoted team here but relegation hurt.

"Regardless of how well you have done personally, to be associated with that is tough. We have to make sure we put it right. We have to move on and move on quickly.

"There are worse things in life but professionally and personally it is tough. There will be times when I feel angry and sometimes sad and disappointed this summer but whenever we are back in for pre-season training it needs to be gone.

"Too many people who go through this have hangovers that take too long and then you are playing catch up to get back in the Premier League."