Mauro Zarate has completed his move to West Ham United, after signing a three-year deal.

Sky Sports revealed West Ham's move for Zarate earlier this month, and he arrived over the weekend to finalise the deal.

The 27-year-old has now passed his medical and put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal which also has an option to extend it.

The move is Zarate's second to England having spent time on loan at Birmingham City in 2008 and he is delighted to be at Upton Park.

"My reaction is that I am very happy to be at West Ham," said Zarate, who becomes the fourth Argentine to represent West Ham following Lionel Scaloni, Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez.

"This is a new chance for me and I want to play. I think I played well for Velez this season and that was important for me. I had some good team-mates and they helped to make it a fantastic season for me.

"If you ask me what I can bring to the squad then I say I hope I will bring goals! I will also bring dribbling skills and other attacking qualities.

"West Ham is a very important club and we know all about them and the Premier League in Argentina. This club is a beautiful club. I know English football from my time at Birmingham and I hope I will play well and reach the highest possible level."

Zarate arrives from Velez Sarsfield, the club he began his career with before a brief stint in the Middle East with Al Sadd.

After his spell with Birmingham he was snapped up by Lazio and also had a season with Italian giants Inter Milan before he re-joined Velez last summer.

He finished last season as top-scorer in Argentina, which prompted West Ham to make their move.