FC Copenhagen have completed the free transfer of defender Per Nilsson following Nurnberg's relegation from the Bundesliga.

The 31-year-old made 20 league appearances in Germany last season, but was unable to help his side hold onto their top-flight status.

Nilsson has penned a three-year deal in Denmark and says that he is excited by the prospect of playing European football.

He told the club's official website: "It will be fun to play for FC Copenhagen.

"Sport-wise, I believe there are big possibilities to win titles here and it will be a challenge to attempt to qualify for the Champions League as often as possible.

"The club's ambitions fit well with my own ambitions."

Meanwhile, Swedish defender Mikael Antonsson says he has been in talks with Copenhagen boss Stale Solbakken as his Bologna deal is due to expire.

"I have talked to some clubs," he told Tipsbladet.

"It's nice to be in Copenhagen, it is a fantastic city. I have lived there for four years and I have already talked to Stale Solbakken.

"But another Swede (Nilsson) will join now and he is really good. We will see what will happen."

Antonsson also thinks that there is a possibility of him staying in Italy, but says that his future will be decided after the World Cup despite Sweden not being involved.

"I know there is interest from down there (Italy)," he told Sportbladet.

"We will sit down after the internationals and see what will happen."

However, defender Georg Margreitter is set to return to Wolves following his season-long loan spell at Copenhagen.