DIVINE Unicorn kicks off an ambitious spring program on Saturday at the Sunshine Coast as his trainer Matt Dunn prepares to juggle an expected onslaught of Kosciuszko offers for stablemate Care To Think.

Divine Unicorn won the Group 3 Tattersall’s Cup (2200m) in June and resumes over 1400m on Saturday.

“I’m sure he will run well. He has trialled good and his work was sharp on Tuesday,” Dunn said. “But I’ve left him underdone. If he gets a soft run that won’t be a problem, but if he has to do some work, then it will probably find him out.

“He’s a classy horse, though. He did incredible things last prep, because I set him up to fail and he handled every step.”

Dunn intends to run Divine Unicorn next in the Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes at Moonee Valley before he tries to secure a Caulfield Cup start in the Naturalism Stakes at Caulfield.

Care To Think is back in work after a successful throat operation, which Dunn believes could lead to him being an even superior horse.

“The airway surgery went really well and the difference in his breathing is incredible,” the trainer said.

“Imagine what he can do now he can breath properly.”

Care To Think is the early favourite for the $1.3 million Kosciuszko and will go into the race first up. Dunn admits he is still a little in the dark as to how the process of selecting the field will play out after the winning slot holders are drawn.

“I assume Racing NSW will be there to assist … otherwise it will get pretty interesting fielding calls from all the slot holders and working out a deal,” he said.

Care To Think is scheduled to trial at the Gold Coast on September 4.