ON the same day Craig Williams was the toast of the racing after riding a staggering six winners at Flemington’s “Finals Day”, trainer Emma Stewart did something more amazing at Melton.

Stewart teamed with partner Clayton Tonkin to win an unthinkable five of the six Vicbred Group 1 finals at Melton’s Tabcorp Park on Saturday night.

It capped the most extraordinary display of dominance the sport has ever seen in Australia where Stewart’s stellar team stormed through the heats, semi-finals and finals of the Vicbred series.

Consider this. Of the total $1,210,000 in stakemoney offered through the entire Vicbred series, Stewart’s runners won $644,200 of it. That’s 53.23 per cent to one stable.

“It’s no secret we love the Vicbred series and really set our horses for it, always have,” Stewart said.

“You always going into the series and think you have a good hand. We were lucky enough to win a fair few heats and then a few semi-finals, so you always hope you can win at least one Group 1 on the night because we’ve had such a good grounding coming into it, so to come away with five (wins) is pretty special.”

But Stewart’s dominance ran a lot deeper than just the five Group 1 wins.

She landed the “First Four” in the 3YO colts and geldings final with Poster Boy beating Konan, Ride High and Major Times.

Stewart also landed the quinella in another three of the finals: Kualoa beat Two Times Bettor (2YO fillies); Tell Me Tales beat Flying Moth (4YO mares) and Centenario beat Nostra Ideal (2yo colts/geldings).

In the other final she won, Stewart had to be content with first and third with Speak No Evil winning and Nostra Villa a gallant third.

The other star of the night was champion driver Chris Alford, who drove four of Stewart’s five Group 1 winners: Kualoa, Tell Me Tales, Centenario and Poster Boy.

It took him 373 wins for the season, just 15 short of Daryl Douglas’ 2007/08 Australasian record and with still almost eight weeks remaining in the season.

Stewart wasn’t the only female to shine on the night with young Swedish driver Kima Frenning landing her first Group 1 win aboard Wrappers Delight in the 4YO entires and geldings final.

Frenning moved to Australia about three years ago to work as a stablehand, landed a few “rides” in Monte (saddle trot) races and only recently started driving in races.

“At the start of the season I was driving in races restricted to drivers who hadn’t won more 10 races, now here I am winning a Group 1,” Frenning said.

“I don’t have the words to describe this. I’m so appreciative of Aikey (trainer David Aiken) and Dominic (Martello, owner) for trusting me with the drive on such a great horse in a Group 1 race.”