FIRST it was Cameron Bancroft who struggled at times against Tom Pinson’s pace last weekend.

Now, the express quick has another superstar in his sights – David Warner.

The Northern Tide spearhead cannot wait to do battle with the suspended Australian opening batsman – playing for reigning champions City Cyclones – at Marrara in Round 4 Strike League action today.

The Sutherland and Nightcliff first-grader took an economical 1-13 from four overs against Bancroft’s Desert Blaze last Sunday. He is capable of reaching speeds over 140km/h.

“To play with or against guys of Warner’s ability is a great opportunity – I’m really excited about it,” Pinson, who has first-class ambitions, told the NT News.

“This will be a great opportunity for me to test myself against one of the best batsmen in the world.

“I’ve got a bit of vision of David playing in the Canadian Premier League and I’ve kept an eye on how he likes to play. He can play so well away from his body because he’s got such a good pair of eyes and hands.”

Pinson, 24, said the Bowlfit mobile phone app helped him increase his pace in recent years.

The app has over 300 videos from Australian fast-bowling legend Mitchell Johnson and former Australian cricket head of physical performance Jock Campbell, which cover bowling mechanics and high performance.

“Mitchell and Jock have teamed up with this app, and since I started using it I feel like I’m a better athlete overall and I’m bowling faster spells,” Pinson said.

While Pinson’s Tide outfit is out of finals contention with just one win, there have been plenty of positives from the team’s 2018 Strike League campaign.

“We’ve got two really good young spinners in Hamish Martin and Janu Varatharajan, and a good pace cartel (including Sutherland teammate Jayden Brown, and Victoria and Hobart Hurricanes representative) Jake Reed,” Pinson said.

“Jake Doran (Tasmanian batsman who made 55 not out off 50 balls in Tide’s eight-wicket win over Blaze last Sunday) is a professional in everything he does.”

The other Strike League game today also starts at 10am, and it will see Southern Storm and the Blaze do battle, both still in contention to make the final along with Cyclones.

Tide’s star import Chris Sabburg takes form in after his 52 for the NT XI in its six-wicket loss to the Tasmania Academy in a T20 on Friday.