ADELAIDE’S grim 2018 has finally taken a turn for the good with star forward Tom Lynch re-signing with the Crows - turning his back on a potential move back to Victoria.

The sought-after Lynch has signed a new three-year deal which means the 27-year-old will almost certainly finish his career in Adelaide.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Club since arriving here at the end of 2011 and am excited to continue to call Adelaide home,” Lynch said in a statement.

“I’ve made some life-long friends since then and every day I’m surrounded by a committed playing and coaching group who are always trying to get better.”

The positive news for the Crows comes in the wake of the club’s horror season on-field and rumours of player disharmony off it.

The Crows are still waiting to learn if star midfielder Rory Sloane will re-sign, the former Victorian among a host of in-demand free agents and subject to lucrative offers from rival clubs.

Adelaide has also had to hose down speculation forwards Eddie Betts and Mitch McGovern want out of the club.

Lynch has been a big hit since joining the Crows six years ago.

Drafted by St Kilda with pick 13 in the 2008 national draft, Lynch struggled to make an impact in his early years before shooting to prominence after earning his chance with the Crows.

Crows General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid said Lynch’s commitment was a great result for the Club.

“Tom is an important member of our playing group and to have him sign on for a further three years is a significant boost,” Reid said.

“He has taken his game to another level in recent seasons and his position at the Crows is reflected by his inclusion in the Club’s Senior Leadership Group.”

This season has been a forgettable one for last year’s grand finalist.

Injury has derailed the Crows’ finals hopes while the under-siege club has also copped criticism after an off-season camp riled some players.

Yesterday Adelaide called a press conference in which the club announced it was severing ties with the company that ran its pre-season camp (Collective Mind).