TIGER Woods vs Phil Mickelson. It’s on.

A match-play event featuring the two golf legends has been confirmed for Thanksgiving Weekend, with the winner set to take home $9 million ($AUD12.2 million).

The one-on-one showdown is simply called ‘The Match’, and was confirmed by Woods on Twitter, before some playful back and forth between two of the most decorated golfers of this generation.

The event will be broadcast on pay-per-view, and will be hosted by MGM Resorts International, and held at Las Vegas’ Shadow Creek.

“The iconic Tiger Woods and five-time Major Champion Phil Mickelson are generational talents who have transcended the game of golf and their rivalry continues to be one of the most compelling in sports,” David Levy, president of Turner, said in a press release.

With Woods in the midst of a comeback to form, the match will see two of the world’s most esteemed golfers go at it. The 42-year-old Woods has won 14 majors and 79 tournaments, while Mickelson is the winner of five majors and 42 tour wins.

Woods admitted Thursday (AEST) he believed his career was finished before launching his successful comeback to top-flight golf this season.

Woods, who was sidelined for nearly two years through a back injury before returning this year, is reported to have privately confided his fears at the 2017 Masters dinner.

“I’m done, I won’t play golf again,” Woods is reported to have told a fellow former Masters champion at the traditional event.

The remarks were revealed by Britain’s three-time Masters winner Nick Faldo in an interview following Woods’ second-placed finish at the PGA Championship.

On Wednesday, Woods confirmed to ESPN that Faldo’s comments were accurate. “Yes, Nick’s correct what he heard because at the time I was done and I didn’t know what I was going to be doing,” Woods said on the sidelines of the Northern Trust Open.

“I had not golf in my future at that time. I couldn’t walk. I couldn’t sit.”

Woods, who is eyeing a strong finish to the season to force his way into the players roster for the Ryder Cup, returned this season after undergoing spinal fusion surgery.

Although he has yet to mark his return with a tournament victory, Woods has impressed with five top-10 finishes on the PGA Tour, including his second at the PGA Championship and sixth at the British Open at Carnoustie.