Butch Harmon said it is not out of the question that Tiger Woods will win another major after an encouraging comeback at the Hero World Challenge.

Woods finished tied for ninth in his return from a fourth back operation, shooting three rounds in the 60s in a Bahamas event which Rickie Fowler won by four shots with a majestic closing 61, the lowest round of his career.

Global sporting icon Woods led for a short time during the second round and offered a demonstration of why he became a golfing great with a huge drive onto the green before holing a tricky putt for an eagle at the 350-yard par-four eighth in his final round Sunday.

Woods has won 14 majors in an incredible career, and his former coach Harmon is not writing off the 41-year-old's chances of adding to that tally.

"If he continues along this way, the one thing I learned from my 10 years with Tiger is never say never with Tiger Woods. I wasn't sure he would play golf again, now I watched him play and think 'my gosh'," Harmon told Sky Sports.

"Then I thought he would play but never win again. Can he win a major? That is different animal, but given the way he looks now, the rhythm of his swing looks good, he's not jumping off the ground trying to hit it and he's generating some power," Harmon added.

"I talked to Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler last week, they have played some golf with Tiger and they were both very impressed with him and how far he was hitting it. Nobody was sure how far he'd hit his iron shots, but I think he's done pretty well with that too."