The Americans finished fourth in the medal race after an exciting couple of weeks in Pyeongchang.
While there were many highs of the Olympics, including the men's curling team bringing home the first Olympic gold in history, the U.S. dropped off from their performance four years ago in Sochi. The United States finished second in the medal race with 28 medals (nine gold, seven silver, 12 bronze) and the Americans were only five medals behind the leader, who was Russia, in 2014. However, there was a much bigger separation this year in Pyeongchang.

Team USA finished behind Norway who had the most medals with 38 (13 gold, 14 silver, 11 bronze) and Germany who had 30 (14 gold, nine silver, 7 bronze). Norway's 38 medals broke a record set by the U.S. eight years ago during the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.

One of the biggest highlights of the Winter Games came on the last day of the Olympics where the men's curling team defeated Sweden to claim the gold. It seemed very unlikely as the Americans only had two wins in six games. The team rebounded with three consecutive victories landing in the semifinals where they knocked out Canada.

Many counted the American curlers out as they finished 10th at Vancouver in 2010 and ninth at Sochi in 2014, but they were able to pull off the win against Sweden 10-7. In the inaugural mass start event, speedskater Joey Mantia finished 9th for the men while Team USA's Heather Bergsma was 11th. Her teammate, Mia Manganello finished 15th.

Who said what?

In an interview with Mike Tirico on NBC, Lindsey Vonn was asked how she would describe her career in the Olympics. The veteran had a compelling team-first response, reminding us all of her class. "I'd say I was an Olympic champion, but I was someone who embodied the Olympic spirit more so than how many medals I got," Vonn said. "The Olympics are about unity and sportsmanship and so much more than the medal count.

"Of course we're all athletes, we're competitors. We all want to win and that's a given, but at the same time I don't think there's any other competition in the world that really brings everyone together (more) than the Olympics and you can really show kids what it's like to be a true sportsman, a true champion. Not just because you're a winner, but because how you conduct yourself ... Hopefully they can look back and say I was a true champion."

Team Shuster doubled its score with this shot. They scored five points in the eighth end securing the gold.

AND THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE!@TeamShuster doubles their score on one throw in End 8! 😱 https://t.co/crSmtNeRXW pic.twitter.com/D6s4z1cMAl
— NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) February 24, 2018