Team owner Lucio Pedercini confident of running second bike at Buriram.

Having suffered a difficult start to the 2015 season in Australia, where David Salom was ruled out of action following a crash in Superpole 2, Team Pedercini is looking for a turn in fortunes as it aims to field a second rider alongside the Spaniard for Round 2 in Thailand.

“For sure, we have spoken with the second rider,” team owner Lucio Pedercini revealed during an interview with WorldSBK.com. “The championship starts very, very early and we are yet to find an agreement with the second rider. I think he could be there from the second round. That is the idea. We have been here in World Superbike for many years, always with two or even three riders, so we definitely want two riders.”

Moving on to discuss Salom, Pedercini explains how he has witnessed a subtle change in the Spaniard since he last rode for the team in the World Superbike class in 2012:

"Last year, David had a very good season after changing his mindset. I have known him since 2009, when he was first with us in Superbike, and he is a good friend of mine. When he started testing with us at the start of this season, I saw another rider. I think last year he changed his style and his mindset and now he is ready to do a good job. Last year, the problem was that the EVO bike he rode was so a long way off the factory bikes, but even then he was still not so far away. I think we can do a very good job this year.”

In the meantime, Salom continues to recover from his heavy Phillip Island crash, from which he escaped after suffering concussion and a fracture to the third finger of his left hand.