Tarpischev: IOC can restore the rights of the Russian Olympic Committee by February 28

https://cdn3.tass.ru/width/744_b12f2...26/4656229.jpg

SEUL, February 26th. / Corr. TASS Igor Lazorin. Membership of the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) in the International Olympic Committee (IOC) can be restored by February 28. About this TASS said member of the IOC Shamil Tarpischev.

"I hope that on Tuesday or Wednesday we will be restored, we are waiting for the last doping checks, I think that we will already be full members of the Olympic movement, we will return the state symbols and flag," Tarpishchev said.

The IOC Executive Committee decided on Sunday to extend the suspension of the ROC. In this case, the sanctions will be automatically lifted if the remaining doping tests of Russian athletes from the Games in Pyeongchang give a negative result.

Tarpischev noted that IOC members want the restoration of OCD to take place in the near future.

"According to my statements at the IOC sessions at the beginning and at the end of the Olympic Games, one can judge support," the source said. "Of course, if it were not for these two doping incidents, the decision would have been different." But there was a tacit vote about the possibility of reinstating OCD in the near future In other words, if there are no doping scandals, then this will happen automatically "

"Undoubtedly, in case of restoration we will turn the page and start with
clean sheet ", - added Tarpischev.

The colossal victory of hockey players

Speaking about the performance of Russian athletes at the Olympic Games, Tarpischev noted the results of skiers who won eight medals in Pyeongchang.

"I would praise our guys, we have a young team that fought here for medals," the official said, "I'm especially happy for our skiers." This is an absolutely amazing result in a positive way. "

The Olympic Games ended for Russian athletes with the victory of the hockey team, which in the finals defeated the German national team. The meeting ended with a score of 4: 3 (in overtime).

"We won for the first time after 1992," Tarpishchev said, "Both there and I were present at the Olympic flag, of course, memories and emotions flooded in. Hockey players are great fellows, in terms of scale it is a huge victory for our whole country."

The Olympic Games ended in Pyeongchang on February 25. Russian athletes won 17 medals (two gold, six silver and nine bronze medals).

Link: http://tass.ru/sport/4987135