TAI Tuivasa walked forward.

He threw punches.

Took punches.

Bled.

Spat blood.

Walked forward some more.

He kicked.

And he hung in with Andrei Arlovski, a man who knows what it is to be UFC heavyweight champion.

So what if Tuivasa has never been past round one?

Didn’t matter.

Besides, people have been underestimating this kid from western Sydney housing commission his entire life.

Take Arlovski.

The Belarusian great who before this one, said he knew little of the Kingswood puncher.

But he does now.

Big time.

So do plenty of others.

Tuivasa using his American debut to not only walk down a legend of the sport, but beat him.

Taking punishment while dishing out more. And enough to eventually win … 29-28, 29-28, 29-28.

At which point he asked UFC announcer Joe Rogan for his shoe.

Sadly it never came.

And so … well, Shoeyvasa walked from the cage and found another one.

A converse kick which, wonderfully, a punter then filled with beer.

At which point Tuivasa settled into his now famous Shoey celebration.

Which is huge.

Both for the rising UFC cult figure and the wider sport of MMA in Australia.

At 24, Tuivasa is one of the brightest prospects in Aussie combat sport.

A genuine knockout artist who is now undefeated in eight fights.

Better, Tuivasa proved he could go deep into a brawl.

Having never fought beyond the first round before, Tuivasa walked forward for 15 minutes — spitting showers of blood from both nose and mouth as he went — to eventually secure a huge win.

Having never fought beyond the first round before, Tuivasa walked forward for 15 minutes — spitting showers of blood from both nose and mouth as he went — to eventually secure a huge win.

“That should be the Fight of the Night right there — oath,” Tuivasa said.

“I feel like my performance, going all three rounds, shows where I’m at in this division.

“Andrei Arlovski is a legend and a former champion.

“He’s one of the toughest heavyweights ever.

“He caught me early and cut my nose but I recovered and gave him some good ones back. This kind of fight is what I love about fighting.

“It’s a test. Test your endurance, test your power, test everything.

“As for what’s next, I’m not sure just yet but I’m making a lot of noise in the heavyweight division and I’ll be back soon.”

Sadly, it was a tougher night for fellow Aussie Megan Anderson, the Gold Coast fighter who lost her debut on points to popular US featherweight Holly Holm.

Anderson battled hard through three rounds but was unable to find a way through the rival most famous for knocking Ronda Rousey cold.