Ryan Giggs has confirmed he held talks with Swansea City about the manager's role before Bob Bradley replaced Francesco Guidolin.

Bradley became the first American to manage a Premier League club when he was appointed on 3 October.

Manchester United and Wales legend Giggs met with the Swans, but said the club's ambition did not match his.

"I was enjoying a bit of travelling and I got a call off Swansea and I met them a couple of times," he told ITV Sport.

"But in the end it was just mixed messages really from the football side and the ownership side of the club and I felt their ambitions didn't really match mine so it didn't quite work out."

The former winger, 42, was interim manager at Old Trafford and was assistant to Louis van Gaal before parting company with the club after a 29-year association following the appointment of Jose Mourinho as manager.

Swansea City are 17th in the Premier League and have not won a game since the opening day of the season.

Guidolin had been in charge since the departure of Garry Monk in January, but was dismissed after the 2-1 home defeat by Liverpool on 1 October.

In addition to Giggs, Swansea also spoke to ex-Derby County manager Paul Clement and former Sevilla and Villarreal coach Marcelino before appointing Bradley as manager.

Bradley's first game in charge is against Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday, 15 October.