Super Bowl 52: Patriots, Eagles issue clean injury reports, but what about flu for Philly?

The Patriots and Eagles are both injury free heading into Super Bowl 52, according to injury reports issued by the teams Friday, the last before Sunday’s game.

Neither team listed a single player on their respective injury report.

There isn’t a single Eagle or Patriot on the final Super Bowl injury report. All 53 are good to go on both sides.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 2, 2018
Tight end Rob Gronkowski had been New England’s biggest health concern during the last week-and-a-half. Gronk suffered a concussion in the first half of the Pats’ win over Jacksonville in the AFC title game and finally cleared the NFL’s concussion protocol Thursday.

For the Eagles, defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan missed practice Wednesday and Thursday due to illness, but was listed as a full participant in Friday’s session. Fletcher Cox (calf), Jay Ajayi (ankle), Ronald Darby (illness) and Dannell Ellerbe (hamstring) were also full Friday participants.

Jernigan missing two practices because he was sick had to a bit disconcerting to Philly fans, because several players on the team have been dealing with the flu, a virus that has been particularly brutal this winter.

"I'm getting over it right now. It's like a cold, dude. I don't know. The whole team has it, though," linebacker Mychal Kendricks said in an admitted exaggeration, per ESPN.com. "I don't think it had anything to do with us being out here (in Minneapolis). I think it started sometime last week. Something we've got to get through. We'll be fine. It's not that big of a deal.