OAKLAND, Calif. -- Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry and his father Dell have now scored the second-most points of any father/son combination in NBA history after the younger Curry scored 29 points in a 123-103 win over the Phoenix Suns on Monday.

The Currys, who have now combined for 27,226 points, passed Dolph and Danny Schayes' 27,218 points and trail only Joe and Kobe Bryant, 38,895 points, for the all-time lead.

"It's pretty special," Curry said after the game. "Knowing what my dad in his career for 16 years and him passing the torch to me. And I'm going to try to talk to the rules committee and see if we can get Seth Curry's numbers in there, too. Strength in numbers right there. See if we can catch Kobe and his dad."

The Warriors bounced back in a nice way on Monday, a night after their 100-98 loss to the Denver Nuggets. Curry, who knocked down six 3-pointers against the Suns, is noticing the explosion of scoring all over the league.

"I just notice the points," Curry said. "You look at the [Lakers/Spurs] game we were just watching, it's 140 to whatever, so I don't know if that's the way it's officiated or teams stacking rosters with faster, more versatile guys for more consistent parts of the game, I really don't know exactly what the cause is, but it's great for the offensive-minded guys."