MILESTONE man Sonny Bill Williams expects Israel Folau to be a big, jinky handful when the Wallabies search for pain relief against All Blacks who don’t even rate tomorrow in Yokohama as a Bledisloe Cup Test.

All Blacks boss Steve Hansen is masterful at delivering wry barbs and he did again when reminding the Wallabies: “The Bledisloe is already gone. Finished.”

Hansen wasn’t belittling the contest at all, just reminding the world of New Zealand’s thumping 2-0 trans-Tasman superiority this season before reframing the showdown as far more than a dead rubber.

“It’s a one-off Test match, the winner takes all...and we need to be on top of our game,” Hansen said.

Hansen warned that the innate self-confidence of Aussie sporting teams was one of the key traits to the most dangerous Test side ever ranked No.7 in the world.

“No, I don’t think it’s a reflection of how good they are,” Hansen said.

“They could lose five, six, seven games in a row and then come out and beat the best team in the world because they think they can.”

The jigsaw pieces of this Wallabies side have been shifted around significantly with Folau picked at outside centre for the first time in his 70th Test, top lock Adam Coleman withdrawing late with groin trouble and prop Allan Alaalatoa’s form bumping Taniela Tupou back to the bench.

Speedster Sefa Naivalu has won his first Test opportunity in 16 months to fill the hole left on the wing by Folau’s fill-in role while flanker Jack Dempsey and Samu Kerevi will make comebacks from long-term injuries from the bench.

Nowhere is there a more mouthwatering match-up than in midfield where Folau will at some stage have to decide whether to rush in to shut down a high off-load from inside centre Williams or keep faith with his width in the defensive line.

“He is pretty jinky, the big fella so you’ve got to trust the guys next to you have your back to help out (in defence),” Williams said.

“He pops up everywhere and carries off set piece (in midfield) from the wing so I wouldn’t say it changes (the dynamic of the Wallabies backline).”

Williams will celebrate the 50-Test milestone in Yokohama, a proud journey through heady World Cup triumphs and injury gullies since his debut in 2010.

“50 Tests...I’m a bit of an old fella, it only took my 10 years to get here but I’m grateful,” Williams said.

“I didn’t have that connection (with rugby) initially because I grew up as a league player. With my faith in my ability it developed over the years and it also helps playing alongside these magicians.”

Cheika knows Folau has the starch and expected the Williams’ threat to challenge established backs as much as his rookie centre.

“When Williams gets going and gets his arms free he’s pretty difficult to stop,” Cheika said.

“But, I think they’ll be challenging the little blokes more than Izzy and I back Kurtley Beale and Bernard Foley.

“Kurtley is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen play rugby and he and Foley will be putting their bodies on the line because they do it every time for Australia.”

Cheika said Coleman’s withdrawal was a loss but he put a fire under 90-Test replacement Rob Simmons to show it wasn’t at all.

“I think Rob’s got a lot to prove here...he’s quality but it’s time for him to put his foot down and I expect him to believe himself more about how he can put himself about physically,” Cheika said.

The eight-man bench will trimmed by one player on Friday but Cheika gave the nod that Dempsey would be there, a big return for a player who has played just five NRC games in the past 12 months after a major hamstring injury.

WALLABIES: Dane Haylett-Petty, Sefa Naivalu, Israel Folau, Kurtley Beale, Marika Koroibete, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, David Pocock, Michael Hooper (c), Ned Hanigan, Izack Rodda, Rob Simmons, Allan Alaalatoa, Folau Faingaa, Scott Sio. Res: Tolu Latu, Sekope Kepu, Taniela Tupou, Rory Arnold, Jack Dempsey, Pete Samu, Nick Phipps, Samu Kerevi, Tom Banks (one reserve to be omitted).

ALL BLACKS: Damian McKenzie, Ben Smith, Ryan Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Kieran Read (c), Ardie Savea, Liam Squire, Sam Whitelock, Scott Barrett, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Nathan Harris, Karl Tu’inukuafe, Nepo Laulala, Brodie Retallick, Matt Todd, Aaron Smith, Richie Mo’unga, Anton Lienert-Brown