Paul Gallen has accused Sonny Bill Williams of dodging him over the years.

The two footy stars have largely mirrored each other in the ring, and it seemed only a matter of time until they touched gloves.

Yet it just never eventuated.

Only on Thursday, Gallen went hard on social media again.

“I’ll be around if u find ya nuts that u dropped the night I asked u on @100percentfooty if we’re going to do it, ya manager has my number bro,” he tweeted.

Ask Williams if, as Gallen alleges, that’s because he’s avoided the Sharks skipper and part-time pug, and he shakes his head so hard he almost gives himself whiplash.

“When it comes to that situation you have to call a spade a spade. Yes, he’s come out and said I’ve dodged him but if you go back a few years ago when I said I wanted a fight he didn’t want a bar of it,” he told foxsports.com.au.

“If you want to be real let’s be real, you know what I mean…. He just said he’s not ready.”

Whatever the case, Williams is ready to make it happen. He know’s age is catching up with them both, particularly Gallen, who’s four years Williams’ senior at 37.

“So, if it does come to fruition I’m thinking at the end of next year,” he said.

Williams hits Gallen with another jab then, saying their motivations to slug it out are vastly different.

“He’s always jumping at the chance to fight me because of the pay day,” he continues.

“For me the monetary thing doesn’t drive me, so I want to get in there and fight him just to show that I can beat him.

“I firmly believe that I can, I just need a couple of months build up to get fit and ready, because he’s a warrior. He’s a soldier.

“I’m not out here trying to bag him, I’m just trying to be real. I know if I got in the ring with him I’d have to beat him, I’d have to have gruelling prep to fight him because I’d need to get as fit as I can because he’d be coming, he’d be relentless.”

Williams was talking to Fox Sports ahead of his charity fight on Saturday night with winner of The Bachelorette Stu Laundy.

The two charities set to benefit from the ‘Banger Under The Hanger’ are the Rev. Bill Crewes Exodus Foundation and Auckland City Mission.

And Williams revealed the latter has a special meaning to him.

“Stu man, I take my hat off to him, because he’s organised this whole night. He just said can you be a part of the night. I said ‘Yeah why not?’ He’s used all his contacts to raise so much money,” he said.

“When I hit him up about doing something for New Zealand he jumped at the chance and it just so happened to be aligned with the Auckland City Mission who I have a pretty long relationship with.

“Growing up my Nana used to work there and she’d bring us back clothes from there, so yeah it’s very cool.”