THE Socceroos have arrived in Dubai for a training camp ahead of their first match under new boss Graham Arnold – against Kuwait next Tuesday.

The Aussies face tough conditions, with temperatures in the high 30s expected for the clash in Kuwait City.

But according to defender Josh Risdon, no stone is being left unturned in preparing the players for the tough physical challenge.

“They [Socceroos medical department] are always on the ball in terms of nutrition, hydration, and everything like that, and it is good to get advice to improve your playing performance,” Risdon said.

“They got in touch with us before the flight and told us when we should be sleeping, when to be having caffeine, and when to hydrate because we are going to be coming into a hot climate, something that a lot of players aren’t used to be playing in.”

“It’s going to be tough but everyone has taken on board the instructions from the staff and hopefully that can prepare us for the game.”

Risdon returns to the squad after a strong World Cup alongside a number of familiar faces, while there are also a range of new members taking their place in the 25-man group.

An injury to Aaron Mooy sees Barnsley midfielder Kenneth Dougall become one of five uncapped players in the squad – alongside Martin Boyle, Awer Mabil, Denis Genreau and Thomas Deng.

Melbourne Victory defender Deng arrives for his first camp, rewawrded for a strong season en route to an A-League triumph.

“It would mean the world to me [to make my debut],” Deng said.

“It is something that you want to do as a young kid and for me I am still 21, so to be able to play for my country would be an amazing feeling.”

The Aussies will spend the week in the UAE before heading to Kuwait for the friendly clash.