MOBILE, Ala. — Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will be participating in this week's Senior Bowl practices.

As for the game itself, his agent, Jack Mills, says that’s up in the air.

“I know he’s planning to do the full week of workouts,” Mills told co-host Gil Brandt and me Monday night on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “Beyond that, I really don’t know the answer.

“I think there are six or seven total quarterbacks there so I imagine some of the people aren’t as well-known as he is and they're really anxious to get those reps.”

MOCK DRAFT: See where we have Mayfield going
Mayfield entered the NFL Draft with an impressive body of work that included winning the 2017 Heisman Trophy and guiding the Sooners into the College Football Playoff. It's unlikely Mayfield could improve his draft stock by playing in the Senior Bowl, especially when weighed against injury risk.

Playing in Saturday’s college all-star game also wasn’t the main reason Mayfield accepted the Senior Bowl's invitation. Mayfield recently said his purpose was to dispel maturity concerns NFL teams may have stemming from his on-field antics at Oklahoma and an arrest last February on alcohol-related charges.

"There are a lot of skeptical people out there who think I have character issues," Mayfield told Brandt and me at the Walter Camp Awards in New Haven, Conn. "That’s why I'm doing (the Senior Bowl) — to sit down and have a conversation with people, let them know I love the game of football and I'll do anything to win.

“Quite frankly, I think that matters a lot more than anything else.”
The Broncos, whose coaches are in charge of the Senior Bowl's North squad and have the No. 5 overall pick in April’s draft, requested to have Mayfield on their player roster. That will give Denver an entire week to work with him during practices and in the classroom before Saturday's kickoff.
That may have to be enough.

“If he does play, I think it will be fairly limited,” Mills said. “But it's always said the workouts are more important than the game anyway.
“Particularly, I think the Broncos' staff just wants to get know him better and establish a relationship with him."
Other quarterbacks on the North roster include Wyoming's Josh Allen, Nebraska's Tanner Lee and Washington State's Luke Falk.

Alex Marvez can be heard from 7-10 p.m. ET Tuesday and 8-11 p.m. ET Wednesday and Thursday on SiriusXM NFL Radio