Australia spearhead Megan Schutt says she'll be out to defy Manuka Oval's reputation as a batting paradise on Friday as her team eye a T20 series whitewash.

Australia hold an unassailable 2-0 lead heading into the third and final match of the Commonwealth Bank Women's T20I series against New Zealand, to be played in Canberra on Friday evening.

The last T20I played at Manuka during last summer's Women's Ashes was a run-fest, with Australia posting 2-178 only for it to be reeled in by England with an over to spare.

Schutt returned figures of 0-41 from three overs in that match and it's a record she wants to amend this time around.

"I'd like to not go for 40 this time like last time I was here, they're not the best memories," Schutt said ahead of Australian training on Wednesday.

"I'll try and do what I do best, and that's the slower balls and trying to pin them back as much as I can."

Schutt, who rose to the top of the ICC's T20I bowler rankings in March, was named player of the match for her heroics with the ball in Monday's second game in Brisbane, when she captured 3-14 in her four-over spell to help restrict the White Ferns to 8-145.

At a time when batters are continuing to push the boundaries in women's T20Is – six of the seven highest ever team totals have been scored this year – Schutt's ability to restrict the game's most powerful batters will be crucial to their chances of securing World T20 glory next month in the Caribbean.

"I think her swing of the ball is threatening but her change of pace is exceptional and her yorker as well," Australia vice-captain Rachael Haynes told the Unplayable Podcast on Tuesday.

"The key with that is being able to execute it under pressure and I think she's done that really consistently for the team over a long time now.

"She's such a threat in this format of the game when batters are really coming at her."

Australia travel to Malaysia at the end of next week for an ODI and T20I series against Pakistan, before they head to the World T20 in the West Indies.

Continuing the momentum gained in their opening two wins over the White Ferns is at the forefront of the Australian squad's minds as they look to claim their first piece of ICC silverware since the 2014 World T20.

"I don't think we've had a whitewash against New Zealand in a very long time, so it's something we're looking to do," Schutt said.

"It's huge, I think momentum heading forward is really important and will give the girls confidence to keep going out and playing fearless cricket.

"I think we've just got our formula right at the minute, when you look at our batting line-up it's pretty incredible, to the honest.

"Something we've spoken about over the last few months is playing fearless cricket and we're coming out and doing that and it's coming off.

"I still think there's some areas we can work on, there's ways to improve on every single match but our batting is coming off pretty well."