WAGs who get their kicks on and off the field are getting ready to play at local footy’s night of nights.

Tonight’s Magarey Medal and West End SA Football Hall of Fame night, at Adelaide Oval, will decide the SANFL’s best and fairest champion and legends.

Traditionally it’s also been seen as the time for players’ partners to step into the spotlight in glamorous gowns.

But now women’s footy fans are also getting to see their heroines in action on the red carpet.

They include Jordana Tarca, who made her debut for Glenelg this season, playing nine games. The 25-year-old is making her sixth appearance at the medal count with fiance, Glenelg captain Andrew Bradley.

“I love being able to get together, relax and enjoy the night with the other players and their partners,” she said.

Abbey Holmes, who plays for the Crows’ AFLW side and was in the inaugural premiership team, is also looking forward to the event. The 27-year-old will attend for the first time with partner Keegan Brooksby, South Adelaide’s co-captain, who returned to the club this year after playing for AFL club Gold Coast.

In the lead-up, Tarca and Holmes joined Alexa Vozzo, partner of Central District’s Jarrod Schiller, for a dress rehearsal at Adelaide Oval in gowns from ONS Boutique, with make-up by Georgina Neves. Ms Vozzo, 24, who works in events and is also a singer and dancer, was looking forward to attending for the fifth year in a row.

“I love to get dressed up and support my partner and the club,” she said.

Watch the live telecast on Wednesday night at 9pm on 7Mate.