Just because he was born in Minnesota doesn't mean Cameron Jordan will take it easy on the Vikings.

The Saints defensive end, whose father, Steve, was a Pro Bowl tight end for the Vikings during a 13-year NFL career, plans to wreak havoc on the Minnesota offense.

"I want to destroy them just the same," Jordan said Thursday, via the Associated Press. "There's going to be an offensive line that I want to destroy. There's going to be a running back I want to destroy. There's going to be a quarterback that I have to destroy."

Steve Jordan was selected to six consecutive Pro Bowls from 1986 through 1991 and finished his NFL career with 498 receptions for 6,307 yards and 28 touchdowns. He retired from the 1994 season and moved to Arizona when his son was just 6.

"I spent the first six years of my life there, but my first kiss was in Arizona," the younger Jordan told reporters on Thursday.
Jordan was a full participant in practice on Thursday after being limited Wednesday with a knee injury. The three-time Pro Bowler led the Saints this season with 13 sacks and 17 tackles for loss. He added another sack in last Sunday's 31-26 win over the Panthers in the wild-card round. Jordan referred to Panthers left tackle Matt Kalil as "Speed Bump McGee" and sent a bottle of Jordan cabernet (not affiliated with the Jordan NFL family) to Panthers quarterback Cam Newton.

Jordan's father asked if he would tone down his antics and think about possible ramifications.

"I shot my shot and said what I said and had to back it up," Jordan said. "At 28, I'm in my physical prime so at this point I feel like I can back it up."
He will be tasked with helping the fourth-seeded Saints (12-5) upset the second-seed Vikings (13-3) at U.S. Bank Stadium, the site of Super Bowl LII. The Vikings beat the visiting Saints in the season opener, but the Vikings had a different starting quarterback and running back in that 29-19 victory. Jordan had a sack of Sam Bradford in Week 1 and would like to drop Case Keenum on Sunday.

The Vikings will try to prevent that from happening and have kept Keenum fairly clean with just 22 sacks this season.

"He's had a great career, great year, and it's going to be a tough battle," Vikings offensive tackle Mike Remmers said, via the AP. "The first thing that we'd like to do is just block him... He's just fast, physical, just a smart player. He's really got a little bit of everything."

While his father may have played for the Vikings, Jordan said he has no allegiance to the NFC North Norsemen.
"You grow up and you get drafted by the Saints," Jordan added. "This is my team. This is my family. This is who I'm playing for