TIM Cahill is not the only Australian suiting up for his fourth-straight World Cup.

Adelaide Socceroos super-fan David Eggers has travelled to Moscow for the latest edition of soccer’s showpiece event.

Like Australia’s all-time leading goal scorer Cahill, the lifelong supporter has been to every one of the national team’s matches at Germany 2006, South Africa 2010 and Brazil 2014.

Eggers, who will attend the Socceroos’ three group games in Russia as well as two knockout matches should they progress, said he was hooked on the World Cup experience.

“The passion and the atmosphere, you don’t get that anywhere else,” Eggers, of Adelaide, said.

“Watching Australia compete on the world stage is something I’ve been passionate about for 35 years and it’s amazing how people unite behind their country when you’re overseas.

“After losing all three games in Brazil, I’m looking forward to getting over there to get some redemption and I’m quietly confident we can sneak through our group.

“But just being able to have such a football-centric period in your life when it’s football, football, football is unparalleled.”

Eggers will witness his 11th Socceroos World Cup match when he joins the green and gold faithful for Australia’s opener against France in Kazan on June 16.

But the coach of amateur club Adelaide Wanderers has also endured the pain of past failures.

He travelled by bus to Melbourne for both the ill-fated 1997 qualifier against Iran and the clash with Uruguay four years later, which Australia won 1-0 before losing 3-0 away.

The ex-Modbury Jets and Para Hills player made a promise to himself before heading to Sydney for the watershed second leg meeting with La Celeste on November 16, 2005.

“I had decided that if we qualified, I was going,” said Eggers, of the dramatic penalty shootout triumph which ended the Socceroos’ 32-year wait for a World Cup berth.

“Being there for that experience and then going to the World Cup in Germany and living and breathing that was surreal.

“Those last 10 minutes when Cahill (twice) and (John) Aloisi scored against Japan was indescribable.

“Then to experience the come-from-behind draw in Stuttgart against Croatia and have everyone stay behind in the stadium singing Aussie songs are moments I’ll never forget.”

The office manager, 42, applied for World Cup tickets before the Socceroos had even completed their past three qualifying campaigns.

Eggers, who has also travelled to Japan and across the country for a host of Australia matches, had not calculated how much his adventures had cost.

“Despite the expense, every minute is worth it,” said Eggers, who tipped Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic and Massimo Luongo to shine for the Socceroos in Russia.

“World Cups also enable you to travel to other parts of the world you may not have gone to otherwise.

“I probably wouldn’t have seen myself getting to South Africa, Brazil and Russia as destinations.

“But I’ve got to understand different cultures around the world while experiencing the common culture of football.”