He’s been named an Emerging Blue, the next generation of NSW talent. But Robert Jennings doesn’t even have an NRL club for 2019.

The 22-year-old has yet to re-sign with South Sydney, who are struggling with cap space, and faces uncertainty over his future.

“Right now, I’m not signed for next season, no,” Jennings told The Daily Telegraph.

“I was looking to stay at South Sydney but they’ve got some cap issues so I’m just waiting to see if something can get sorted out.

Jennings, who scored 19 tries in 21 games in 2018, admitted the situation had been “tough” on him.

“Things have been pretty stressful but I’m just trying to keep my head up and focus on getting my body right for next year, wherever I’m playing.”

Among the clubs to have reportedly shown an interest in Jennings include West Tigers, Parramatta and Manly.

But Jennings said there was one club where he wanted to play his football in 2019.

“Hopefully I can stay at Souths,” he told Fairfax.

“I wanted to stay at Souths, I enjoyed my time there and feel like I’ve got more to learn and offer, especially outside Greggy. It’s something I can’t control. We’ll see what happens.’’

The opportunity to work under new coach Wayne Bennett is also a drawcard.

“It was the first time meeting him, a coach of his calibre and what he’s achieved it was nerve racking,” Jennings told NRL.com

“But he’s been good, he’s fit in comfortably and got stuck into it. He’s a man of not many words. He trusts us to rip in, train hard and do the job he wants.

“It would be good for me to be coached by someone of his experience. I’d have to start fresh again, I’m confident he’d bring the best out in me and the rest of the players.”