HE’S a member of the 300-game club, has won the Four Nations with the Kangaroos and 2014 Origin series with the Blues, so a satisfied Ryan Hoffman has decided to hang up the boots at season’s end.

The 34-year-old champion back-rower has already played 319 games with the Storm (including four grand finals) and Warriors, and a further 34 caps for the Wigan Warriors.

Indicative of his influence on the park, Hoffman had a win percentage of 67.5% over his 259 games for the Storm.

It will give Melbourne further motivation as they roll on towards the finals, currently in third-place.

Hoffman has lined up a full time role in the Storm’s football administration department starting in November.

“I’ve been lucky to have lived out my boyhood dream and make a career out of rugby league for 16 years,” Hoffman said.

“I feel have achieved everything I can in the game and while it was hard to say the words out loud for the first time, I’m very content with the decision. I haven’t lost of the love for the game, however I knew my time as a player was finished and I know this is the right decision.

“While the success I’ve enjoyed as part of the teams I’ve played in have been great moments, for me the real highlight of my career has been the people I’ve met and the lifelong friends I’ve made.

“I’m very thankful to Melbourne Storm for giving me my first chance at and NRL club and for allowing me to explore the rugby league world with my time at Wigan and the Warriors.

“I’m also grateful to Wigan and Warriors for the time I spent at those clubs, as they were very important parts of my career.

“I would like to especially thanks Dave Donaghy, Frank Ponissi and Craig Bellamy in allowing me to finish my career as a Melbourne Storm player.

“A very special thank you must go to my wife Melissa and my children Zach and Mia. Melissa has sacrificed a lot in her life to be a supportive and loving partner to me. For someone who is extremely intelligent and a driven person, for her to sacrifice her job to be with our children at home is something I can never repay her for.”

Speaking about Hoffman’s move into football admin, Football Director Frank Ponissi said it is something they have talked about for some time.

“Ryan for a large part of his career has always shown an interest and passion in football administration and management as a potential career once his playing days came to an end,” he said.

“Few players are able to retire with a resume that even come close to what Ryan has been able to accomplish.”