Neymar’s blockbuster departure from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain is the most expensive transfer football has ever seen, but could the Brazilian soon return?

According to Spanish outlet AS, the superstar is plotting a sensational move back to the Camp Nou, with communication between his representatives and the club ongoing.

“The calls are constant,” a source from the club told AS.

“The problem is the negotiation with PSG. There is no release clause for next summer, although for 2020 the price is fixed: 160 million euros.” (A$257m)

“When he comes to Barcelona, which is often, he always ends up visiting the dressing room of the Ciutat Esportiva. It is a shame because he had everything here but ended up forcing a move. And we should see how the environment reacted, which did not end at all satisfied with all that happened.”

This report comes as Barca adopted a familiar transfer technique that has helped to lure stars like Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho in the past – using a player speaking out in the media.

Neymar’s compatriot Arthur revealed to Mundo Deportivo that he’s trying to persuade the striker to make the move back to Spain.

“I personally am praying for him to eat because he is a star, it is indisputable, and I think that the better players of the team have, the better ,” he told Mundo Deportivo.

“Personally, I am doing a lot of work to get him back , but he has his life, he knows what he’s doing and I do not know how deep those negotiations are, if there are options for him to come or not.

“But he’s a personal friend and a professional that I admire lot and would be very happy if I could come back here .”

Could Neymar really make a blockbuster return to Barcelona? Stranger things have happened.